Please Adjust this Text
What We Believe
Discovery Church believes…
- In being as relevant as your favorite news site, while holding to the timeless teachings of Jesus Christ.
- God loves us unconditionally and continues to invite us to follow Him.
- In Jesus Christ, that He is God’s one and only Son.
- The Bible is a flawless handbook that helps us succeed in life and gives straight answers for issues relating to work, family, relationships, finances and anything else we encounter.
- Effective life change begins when we ask Jesus to lead our life.
- Each person has a gift, ability, or experience that can help others.
Discovery Church is a place…
- To be yourself.
- To ask tough questions and get honest answers.
- To meet new friends and build authentic relationships.
- To grow spiritually and relationally.
- To make a difference in your community and world by serving others.
Every organization and every church has a culture.
Here are the six values we want to describe and prescribe the culture we create at Connexus, along with a set of questions we ask to ensure we’re personally embracing the values.
Am I advancing our mission, vision and strategy?
Am I living in a way today that will help me thrive tomorrow?
Make It Happen
Am I willing to do whatever it takes no matter what the obstacle?
Am I allowing what is good to stand in the way of what could be great?
Am I believing the best about others?
Take the Low Place
Am I serving others or do I expect to be served?
We Value the Gospel- We value the good news that God has not left us to ourselves. He has come to us through Jesus Christ with redemptive love. Our growing awareness of this love brings freedom and compels us to pass on God’s love as we are able. God can use our stories in transformational ways.
We Value the Bible- We value the Bible as the perfect Word of God to the human race. We value the reading, study, memorization, meditation, teaching, and application of the Scriptures as the primary way to know and understand God’s will for our lives.
We Value Church Planting- In a book found in the New Testament called Acts the amazing story of the early church is told! This book is a direct result of the great commission that Jesus gives. In the Great Commission Jesus tells His followers to go and make disciples amonsgt all the nations. We value Church Planting as the primary means to spread the Gospel around Durham Region, the GTA, Canada, and the world.
We Value the Family- The family was the first human institution that God established and is the major tool for shaping our lives. Our families are the source of our greatest joys, but they can also be the greatest source of pain and heartache. Rather than dwelling on past mistakes and hurts we will encourage pro-active investments that will improve your relationships with those closest to you.
We Value Children- Children are our most precious earthly responsibilities. Most people have the best of intentions, but unfortunately get too busy. This seems especially true for dads. Boys and girls are hard wired differently. They learn, relate and have fun differently. Our goal is to offer children’s activities that both boys and girls will look forward to coming to each week.
We Value Community- We were not designed to journey through life alone. We value a vital community of every age, marital status, culture, and ethnicity that encourages and supports one another with compassion and celebrates God in our midst as we live out our lives with purpose.